Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here we go again...

So, I have to confess... I have been avoiding my own blog!  Yep.  I suck.  Actually I probably don't suck, I am probably just human, but I am not the kind of person that wants to make any excuses.

The fact is that I have been afraid to get on that damn scale since I returned from Europe.  That was over 2 weeks ago.  So, lo and behold, because I have given in to my fear, I am probably WAY worse off than I was 2 weeks ago.

It is like the party that doesn't want to end.  The problem is, as my wise-graciously-older Auntie says, "The more you play, the more you pay."  So, here I am paying up.  Tomorrow, I will step on that damn scale and accept my consequence.  Some of you are probably thinking, ' ok, wait, stop, you are being way too dramatic and over-reactive'.  Maybe.  But, I am pretty sure I am not alone in the way that I have been feeling lately.  Let's face it... leading a completely healthy lifestyle in this country is not made very easy with all of the temptations we have around us.  And, haven't we all at some point felt like Eve in the Garden of Eden with not just one apple tree but a fricking ORCHARD of them!!!  When I am living in my own little controlled bubble, I am on point.  Take me out of my routine and I have to kick in the will power BIG TIME to control temptation toward something I love... FOOD!  These are the only times that it FEELS like 'willpower'.  Normally, it is just the way I live my life.  And, trust me, if it wasn't that way, I would be upwards of 350.  That I am sure of.  I have an obsessive-compulsive personality, and I don't know about you, but I would much rather be OC about exercising and eating healthy than the opposite.

Anyway, welcome to my journey, take 2.  What is wrong with this picture?  Nothing really.  Isn't it, after all, a lifelong journey?  We all fall down... many times throughout life.  We must choose to get back up.

“Our Greatest Glory is not in Falling but in Rising Every Time We Fall” ~Confucius

Until Later...
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment