Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 3 Completed! It was a tough one!

All I can say is WOW!  Today was a strenuous day!  We all made it however.  I posted some pics from our hike this morning on FB.  Hopefully everyone can see it there.  Please friend me if you haven't already. 

We started out our day again at 6:30 am.  Our hike today was called 'Stop Sign'. It was an 8.6 mile hike that was 4.3 miles uphill to a stop sign at the top.  We climbed over 1000 ft!  Shawn and I buddied up and she was a Rock Star!  She pushed it into high gear with the last 100 yds to go, and wow did we feel amazing when we made it!  Tina was the other Rock Star, I made her run the last 100 yds.. haha... sorry Tina!  But, wasn't it WORTH IT!!  Trish and Lisa, oh yes, they were Rock Stars too!  We accomplished quite the feat today.  Joanna and Jenny did self-guided hikes in the vicinity of Fitness Ridge to accommodate their physical challenges.  Both said they had great hikes!  Go Ladies!!

I tell ya, we are strong.  We are determined.  And, we are pushing forward...

After our 8.6 mile hike, we had breakfast and a lecture.  After lecture there was Circuit Training or Deep End Suspension.  The majority of us headed to circuit and Joanna headed to the pool for the awful DES class!  That was my least favorite so far, primarily, because I just sink... haha!  I think I am the 'entertainment' for the other guests during pool activities :)

After our morning workout we had lunch and another lecture.  (By the way, the lectures are all on nutrition and emotions/behavior having to do with food.  They are very beneficial and make a ton of sense.  For me it has solidified my confidence in what I already do for a healthy eating lifestyle, however, I am feeling like I may want to use a cookbook from here to make things a little more interesting.)... Anyway, after that lecture we had our 3 afternoon ass-kickings: Kickboxing, Mountain (Again!), and H20 Circuit.  After the first two I would have to say, I was happy to end in the pool today. 

Here I am again, it is 7:30pm.  I am literally whooped.  I will have to fight to stay up until 9 pm so I don't wake up at 2 am tomorrow.  Hopefully a little reading and relaxing.

Most of us are really sore.  No surprise really, given that we are exercising about 7 - 7 1/2 hours a day.  For me it feels great.  I know others are feeling this kind of pain for the first time in their lives, but they are being troopers.  I am so proud of them as their friend and trainer to see them pushing their limits and learning how to live a healthier lifestyle or to learn something new to add to the one they already lead. 

We all look forward to tomorrow.   We are over the hump, only 2 1/2 days to go (Saturday workouts are over at noon).  I personally am very excited about tomorrow's Treading Class.  I will tell you what it was and how it went tomorrow night.  So,be sure to check back!!

We are all learning about balance here with our eating lifestyle too.  I have already noticed a change in how we are collectively thinking about food. On Sunday when we got here, we ate our first dinner, which was really good but we were starving because we missed lunch, and we were already discussing where we were going to go to dinner in Vegas on our last night to indulge after being 'deprived' on 1200 calories a day, no alcohol and no caffeine.

But as the week has progressed, on multiple occasions, we have reconsidered all the hard work we are putting in, what we are learning, how awesome and satisfying this food really is!  Subsequently, I don't think any of us want to go out and over-indulge in Sin City.  Another empowering collective feeling that I am proud to be a part of.

Before I go, I have to say I am starting to miss home.  I talked to Frank tonight on speaker phone and he said Maggie was looking for me when she heard my voice.  I miss my family.  But, I also know that I came here to accomplish goals.  I KNOW that I CAN.  And, I am WORTH it!

Until Later...
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment