Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Kid in a Candy Shop

... Or the sheer anticipation of getting to the candy shop!  I use this phrase figuratively of course. 

In just 3 short days the adventure will begin for whom I will from now on refer to as 'The Lucky Seven'.  We are departing from Broome county in the wee hours of the morning Friday (our flight is at 5:40 am.. yaaaaaaaawn!) - However, we then get to Vegas at 10:15am which, yes I was thinking the same thing as you...  POOL DAY at the BELLAGIO HOTEL!  Yippee!  That is only the beginning of an amazing schedule of fun and adventure that will take place over the following 10 days.  We head to Fitness Ridge on Sunday!

I know I speak for all of us when I say that we are beyond excited and so fortunate to be able to experience a week of health & fitness!  I truly feel like that kid in the candy shop who wants it all. 

Fitness is my heart & soul, and as I am aware most people think I am off my rocker, I can't imagine a more perfect vacation!   Well, actaully, if my husband were coming that would be the icing on top of my candy shop cake.  But, every once in a while it can be about the girls, right?  And, I do love my girls... you guys are all Rock Stars in my book.... in my candy shop you would be Strawberry Twizzlers... or maybe those Fannie Mae Chocolate Santa Claus Ornaments (anyone remember those?)...   Hehe.

Life vs The Kid in the Candy Shop
When I think of the demeanor of a kid in a candy shop, I think of a spirited being with a ton of passion, amazing energy and a true love of what she's doing at that particular moment in time.  And, I think to myself... damn, if we can only bottle that up and sell it.

What if everything we approached in life had 'the kid in the candy shop' attitude?  What if the majority of our years, months, weeks, days and moments had more passion and love for life?  Wouldn't you think we'd all be a little bit better off and a whole lot happier? 

I think sometimes it is hard to have that same motivation for everyday, mundane tasks, because let's face it... it's not always candy shop, baby.  Sometimes we are in a laundromat, right?  It can't always be fun and games, but don't we have the choice to approach each and every thing we do with passion and positivity? 

The next time you ARE in whatever your candy shop is, be delighted in the sheer happiness that it brings you.  And, likewise, the next time you find yourself in a place not as enticing... find the smaller joy in those places.  It exists, you may just have to look a little harder.  After all, every day that we wake to a new day is a blessing and opportunity to find lots of happiness.

Think of yourself as 'a spirited being with a ton of passion, amazing energy and a true love of what she's doing at that particular moment in time'

Until Later..
Trace

1 comment:

  1. Hi Traci, I'm now following your blog due to Rebecca Brown recommending me. Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete