Thursday, May 6, 2010

RALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, thank you for your comments and words of encouragement!  They really meant a lot to me. 

Sometimes we all need a little rain.... ok, a thunderstorm... in order to appreciate the Sunshine of life.

I had my 36 hour Katrina.  Yesterday and especially today... I am alll about the amazing sunshine of my life!  Yay!

I have jumped head first back into a strict, amazingly wonderful, world of Clean Eating.  I have an AWESOME whey protein smoothie to share with you at the end of this blog.  You don't want to miss trying this one.

So, my friends, THIS is my Rally.  I am back and better than I was a week ago, two weeks ago, three weeks ago.  I have FOCUS, INTENTION, PASSION for healthy lifestyle.  There is no other way to go.  Let me say it again... NO OTHER WAY.  There is no substitute for movement (screw the couch and the TV), there is no substitute for putting nothing but HEALTHY into my body.  I find Energy and Happiness so much easier when I feel good from the inside out!  Not too mention my ABS are looking pretty darn good today!  So, don't give up on me and more importantly DON'T GIVE UP on YOUR JOURNEY!  We learn what we can from our personal Storms, so that we may fully APPRECIATE the JOY of our Sunshine!!!!

Love you guys!  Thanks!
Until Next Time... Traci  (see below for Smoothie)

Do you remember (maybe they still have them out there) those peanut shaped orange candy treats? They tasted like orange creamsicles but more like a sturdy marshmallow like substance?  I used to love them as a kid.  They are sooooo crappy for us, I am sure... well, anyway, this POWERHOUSE of a smoothie tastes just like it!! And, coming in at just under 300 calories it makes a fabulous breakfast, meal replacement or post workout snack!!  Enjoy.

'Orange Candy Peanut?' Smoothie
1 cup 100% Carrot Juice (I use Bolthouse Farms brand from Wegmans in the fruit section frig)
1 scoop Banana Creme Whey Protein Powder
1 TBL Ground Flaxseed
1 cup ice cubes
5 oz water

Blend in blender at high speed till frothy.  Can be 2 servings at 150 each or 1 serving at 300.

2 comments:

  1. Note on Smoothie: If you only have vanilla whey protein then you can add a fresh banana, but remember then you are adding 100 extra calories. About the extra calories - Perhaps 1/2 a banana (save 50 cal) or 1/2 cup carrot juice (save 35 cal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - those are my mom's favorite and I found a nice soft bag of them at CVS and mailed them to my mom with her mother's day card!

    ReplyDelete