Friday, April 30, 2010

The Best Laid Plans....

The end of week 3 of 6.  If you will recall at the beginning of the week I had set a very lofty goal of 3-4 pounds this week.  (Buzzer sounds... Wrong!).

I have experienced the 'Biggest Loser Week 2 Curse' in my week 3.  No weight loss this week at all.  Well, okay, the scale says down (.2).

Disappointing? Yes. Fully Explainable? Not really.  I had one of the best week's (and weekENDS) of clean eating ever.  I exercised in line with the previous two weeks.  And.... (drum roll please).... the scale didn't budge.

Am I going to let this discourage me?  HELL NO!  I've been here before.  I have seen my clients be here before.  And, I have seen those damn Biggest Loser contestants here before.

When I look back on the week, there are a couple of things that happened that made me wonder half way through the week what today's self-weigh-in was going to be like.  First, on Tuesday I woke up extremely puffy and bloated.  I had about 5 painful pimples trying to come out on my face (the kind that hurt really bad).  I also had phantom cramping pains (I say phantom cuz I don't have a uterus anymore).  Oh, and I felt like a raging lunatic emotionally!!  Yes, I was totally in full blown PMS! 

Me and my lone ovary go through this every other month.  I suppose I should be thankful it was now and now three weeks from now.  And, I am.  I think my body just needed to deal with that.

So, I am moving on.  My plan for the upcoming week will not change.  I will continue working hard and have another stellar weekend in hopes of making up for 'not lost' time :)  This will be a fun weekend at that.  Tonight I have dinner at Moxie Grill with one of my clients and his girlfriend.  It is our celebration dinner from our last biggest loser competition together.  He's buying...need I say who won that one?  Hehe.  Then on Saturday... I have boot camp in the a.m., my niece Mara is having her first communion party in the afternoon, and then Frank's brother is having his 50th birthday celebration at Traditions!  Lots to celebrate.  On Sunday I will be spending the entire day at SUNY taking my AFAA Practical Yoga Instructor Training.  My friend and colleague, Kelsey, has inspired me through our yoga practice (going on 3 years now) to venture out into the yogi world.  I am very excited about this.

The Best Laid Plans...

If I think about what I would like you to take away from today's blog, it would be to realize that just because something doesn't work out the way you 'planned' it, doesn't mean it is not worth working toward or continuing to work toward.  We all hit roadblocks in our quest for a healthy life.  There is something to learn from those roadblocks.  You have to figure out what it is.  For me, it's patience.  I strive for greater patience every day.  Often we just have to See, Stop, Let it Be, Let it Go

Hope all is well.  I would love to hear your comments and questions on my blogs, so feel free to leave them when you want to.  I promise to answer.  I would love to be able to hear about your own successes and trials.

Until Later.... Today I Will Give Everything I Have :)
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment