Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sometimes Ya Just Gotta Breathe!

I put this pic of Maggie in this post because whenever I look at her or think of her, I am in such awe.  I stop what I am doing and take a big breath.  She is one of the special things in life that make us stop in our tracks, forget about the stressors of our daily lives, forget the to-do list that keeps on piling up, and basically makes us find humor in what makes us wanna throw computers and printers out the window!

Today had been a very stressful day.  Two things actually helped me keep my sanity.  Her, and counting how many times I threw the frisbee and she brought it back without taking a breath because there is nothing more fun for her on earth... how simple is that?, and Eating Clean... Yes, eating clean.  In today's case, control over what I put in my body soothed the stress of all the other crap, like mailing deadlines and pretentious pc's.  I ended up having one of my BEST days of eating, whereas it could have easily gone the other way.

This brings me to my realization of the day. 

Every day we have an attitude choice.  My first choice was a pretty poor one.  I noticed that with that first wave of negative attitude came a tornado of what I call the typical 'if it could go wrong, it's gonna' kind of day.  However, that damn precious awesome dog of mine was determined to put a smile on my face, make me realize that none of the other crap 'really matters', and to snap me out of my pity party.

Make the right choice.  Every day is a gift.  And, sometimes, you just have to accept that the addresses are NOT always going to line up right on the label paper.  It doesn't mean the world is crumbling down around you. 


Until next time...
Today I Gave Everything I Had :)
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment