Thursday, January 6, 2011

And the Beat Goes On...

Well, folks, I anticipated having to give you a day where I said, 'great effort on day 3 but no significant loss'.

Well, I did say 'anticipated'... Hah!  (0.4) pounds yippee!  So one more day goes by of clean eating and exercise, I continue to feel more and more fabulous AND I lose almost a half a pound.  The best part.... NOT hungry at all!  That is one of the most amazing things about clean eating, you get to eat very often and you also eat volume in vegetables and fruits that make you feel full.  On my busy days, which lets face it....every day is a busy day, right?, I find myself looking at the clock saying 'ooops it is time to eat AGAIN!'  

So, if you have just been 'following along' and really have NO idea what this clean eating is all about, don't you want to know??  It is not a fad diet, it is not a liquid diet, it is a sound diet full of whole, healthy, natural foods.  What more??  Email me!  Ask for it!  Buy the book.  I think there is a link right here on this blog!!

Today for breakfast: (and it was VERY yummy)
6 Egg White Stir Fry w/
4 oz grilled chicken (chopped)
1/4 cup Muir Glen Garlic Cilantro Salsa 
1 oz Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheese Alt (it is soy!)

I will have an apple for morning snack

Lunch plan is a Thai Tofu Wrap:
Thai style tofu (1 serving)
1/4 onion (chopped and grilled)
1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 tbl peanut butter (all natural of course)
1/2 whole wheat tortilla (if it is the big ones)
(spread peanut butter on tortilla and then combine all other ingredients and wrap 'em!)

Dinner will actually be a dinner tonight!  I am done early enough to prepare a nice dinner for myself.  Here is my plan:

1/2 of a Spaghetti Squash* see below for prep
1/2 cup of Seeds of Change Marinara Sauce
4 oz of shrimp (grilled in garlic and 1/2 tsp olive oil)
2 tbl fresh parmesan cheese

Okay, seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... tell me that that menu doesn't sound damn palpitating! (is that actually a word??) Hehe.

* To cook a spaghetti squash: 
1. cut it in half lengthwise so it resembles a boat not half a coconut
1.5 remove the seedy and stringy stuff, leaving the flesh
2. securely wrap the half you are cooking in saran wrap
3. microwave open side up for 8 minutes (7 if it is a smaller squash)
4. let it cool
5. remove saran wrap
6. take a fork and scrape the flesh from one end of the 'boat' to the other, it will come off like spaghetti strands!
7. Eat it like you would spaghetti noodles!


Until later my friends...
Get moving and put clean fuel in your engine!
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment