Monday, January 10, 2011

Day #7 & Day #8..... The Sodium Trap!

Good Morning!  

I sacrificed my perfect weekend to prove a point to you.  Well, it really wasn't a sacrifice, and I wasn't anywhere near, 'Out of Control', like I have been and could be.   


I had a few 'frozen' foods over the weekend, like one of my favorites, Smart Ones Three Cheese Mac'n'Cheese!  and I also had pasta with low sodium pasta sauce among a few other items I normally do not indulge in if I am eating clean.  But it is football season and I have to have my pizza on football Sunday.  Usually it would be a Dominos feast!  However, this Sunday I bought myself a Kashi Margherita Pizza.  It  was yummy!


Lo and behold after the Saturday/Sunday I am up 2 pounds.  Am I worried, Hell NO!  Why?


Well, I will tell you why.  I have this neat little program app on my iphone called LoseIt!  My bestie, Trish, told me about it after Utah.  I looked at my sodium intake for those two days.  You won't even believe it!  over 8000 mg!!!  Isn't that crazy??


most of you are thinking 'she must have put a ton of salt on something!', right?  Nope.  Frozen foods, sauces, Pizza, anything 'prepared' is LOADED with sodium.  Sodium in our food supply is the 21st century evil that is equivalent to white sugar as far as what is ADDED into the foods we buy.


Don't believe me?  Look at the labels on your foods.  The recommended intake of sodium per day is like 2400 mg and I believe the gov is trying to lower that number too.   If you have access to LoseIt!  or any other program online or on your phone that shows you everyday foods and their sodium content, you will be SHOCKED!  Wanna be more shocked? Check out your favorite restaurant foods that you think are 'healthy'.  Salads can be the worst with the amount of dressing that is loaded with fat and sodium.


My point is that unless you educate yourself on what you are putting in your body, you will never know how to make the healthy weight equation work for you.


In order to be in control, you have to take control back from the food companies that taunt you with 'healthy this and healthy that'.  If a food label boasts any sort of 'health food' claim on its packaging or advertising, chances are that it is loaded with something that our insides really don't need.


Mean you can't ever have it?  Of course not! I do!!  But, every time I do it, I know what I am putting into my body and I have full control over it.  Don't be a foodie victim!  It is not a fun way to go through life.


Build your ARSENAL of FOOD knowledge my friends... it's the only way to survive the evil being dealt to us by Food, Inc.


Well, okay, I kind of went off on a tangent.  haha!!!  


Anyway, looking forward to ridding my bod of that sodium trap I put it in this weekend and talk to you 2 pounds lighter tomorrow!!


Take Care!
Traci
Oh yeah....


Breakfast - banana and tbl of natural pb
snack - granny smith apple
lunch - helen's veggie ground stir fry with 1/2 onion and mushrooms chopped and grilled in 1 tsp of olive; salt and pepper to taste
dinner will be kashi heart to heart with kamut puffs and a banana and 1 cup almond milk



No comments:

Post a Comment