Monday, January 17, 2011

Detention... Days 14 & 15

Good Afternoon my fellow bloggees!

Here I am, it is the 15th of 21 day challenge, I am up a pound from the weekend (still down 5.5) and very surprised it wasn't more.

I am still positive that by 1/23 I will reach my goal of 10 pounds, partly because I know I will be down more than that pound in the morning.

Remember in High School when you got caught doing something you weren't supposed to be doing in class and the teacher made you stay after school for detention?  It never happened to me very often, but when I did get detention I got a whole lot accomplished because I realized the value of that time.  I focused on my homework in detention while most others watched the clock and moaned and groaned.

Well, today I am serving detention for the weekend.  It's not that I overindulged in food.  Actually I was quite proud of the fact that I had a grilled shrimp appetizer and a seared ahi tuna salad at Moxie's for dinner Saturday night!  However, I was a little abusive to the great vino before dinner, during dinner and after dinner.  I won't blame the stressful week or the great company so I will just own up to the fact that I messed up because I had too much alcohol during my 21 day challenge.  Over and done with and now I pay!  Today I am in detention using the opportunity to eat a squeaky clean diet today and refocus on the task at hand.  Yes, I am human too.  I very well could have said, 'why bother, I wasn't perfect so I'll give up now', but I didn't.  Instead I am working on my homework (clean eating) instead of watching the clock on the wall waiting for detention to be over.  Tune in for more tomorrow, and here is my plan for the day:

Breakfast was a protein shake with 1 scoop protein powder, 10 oz water, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 banana and 5 ice cubes (blended)

Snack was an apple

Lunch is a salad w 5 oz grilled chicken breast with lettuce, onion, slivered almonds, balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp olive oil.

Dinner will be Steel Cut Oats with 1 tbs each of wheat germ and flaxseed finished with 1 cup of blueberries!

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment