Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekend Ahead....

Day 5....

What I had fully expected on Day 3 happened today, after a phenomenal loss of 5.3 lbs after just 3 short days, today was a wash... same as yesterday.  I also took the day off from exercise yesterday which could be the difference, however, even if I don't lose anything over the next few days, I am still well ahead of the 10 pound goal over the 21 day challenge.

Enter..... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!  Ugh.  The key to getting through the weekends on the clean eating plan is to pick ONE (1) Uno... day... one meal... to splurge.  If you are just starting this stuff I suggest NOT, but if you have some control and can do ONE and jump right back on the 'I'm-not-so-fatty wagon', then go ahead and allow yourself that ONE.  I usually like it to be a dinner out.  But, here is the deal... you HAVE to weigh yourself the next morning.  Remember, whatever it says is probably just sodium and junka lunka retention that will go away quickly, but in the 21 day challenge we have to OWN UP!  Is it a deal??

Breakfast today was steel cut oats
Lunch was a chicken breast with grilled onions and red bell peppers with 2 tbl of salsa
Dinner will be at Outback Steakhouse - small ahi tuna appetizer, filet wedge salad hold the blue cheese dressing (I use  just the balsamic drizzle stuff on the side) but I do get the crumbly blue on the side.  Calories before holding that nasty dressing is 562 so I figure about 500 after I add the balsamic and that may be high end.  I will also have a couple glasses of cabernet!


Not expecting to lose today even though I worked out due to the 'dinner out', but my goal for the weekend will be to maintain my 5 pound loss!


Have a great weekend everyone!
Trace

 

No comments:

Post a Comment